Nation Just Wants To Be Safe, Happy, Rich, Comfortable, Entertained At All Times...The Onion
- I often start my blogs with a headline from The Onion, satirical publication. I do that because---more often than not---there's more truth in an Onion headline than you'll find in the main stream media headlines. And there's a reason for that. The main stream media is not only conspicuously bias (or as I like to refer to them as the "presstitutes"), it targets the low information voter and/or the useful idiots.
- This was evident again after the jobless claims numbers came in today. They were up from last week but you wouldn't know it by reading the news. For example, Reuters put the following spin on it this way: "The number of Americans filing for jobless benefits rose slightly last week, but it was near its lowest level since before the 2007-2009 recession, a hopeful sign for the U.S. economy." Of course, there was no mention that the economic growth last quarter was pathetic. There were many headlines like the one from Reuters in other news publications today. In fact, going back to earlier this year when the economy actually retracted, USA TODAY wrote, "Dip In Economy Not So Bad."
- We've seen this type of targeting on countless occasions. Just recently, USA TODAY wrote a piece about Hillary and her age at the time she would run for president. In "You Can't Age Hillary Out Of Race," they wrote: "She'll be 69 in 2016. So what? Reagan was 69 and McCain was 72 when they ran." USA TODAY conveniently neglects to point out that the media wrote multiple pieces about Reagan's alleged dementia. And jokes were abound regarding the ages of both Reagan and McCain. They even blasted Reagan for allegedly taking naps during the day when it was discovered he had been writing personal hand-written letters to Americans, many beautifully written by his own hand.
- In both the 2008 and 2012 campaigns, we observed the media circling the wagons protecting Pres. Obama at every turn even in the face of his total lack of executive experience and later one failure after another.
- It was not too long ago when the main stream media had to be shamed into covering and writing about the Gosnell case in Philadelphia. And during the same period, it was the media that invented a false and dishonest narrative surrounding the Zimmerman trial. Who can't forget CNN and others referring to Zimmerman as a "white Hispanic." They were so intent in making Zimmerman out to be the bad guy, they actually invented a new ethnicity.
- Of course it didn't end there. Even before the one Boston Marathon bomber was eventually caught, many in the media were speculating it had to be a right-wing operation. Again, who can forget that knucklehead, Chris Mathews, who stated, "Normally, domestic terrorists, people tend to be on the far right."
- The main stream media is smart in one respect. They know they target the dummies. The NY Post published a piece this morning about the NY public schools and student scores plummeting. For example, even after billions of tax payer dollars have been funneled into the school system, less than one-third of the city public school students were able to pass the math and reading tests. In one school, a whopping 1% passed this year's math and reading tests.
- And we wonder how Pres. Obama got re-elected? Don't wonder. Just read the news. The media knows the nation is full of dummies. In fact, the media is full of dummies as seen by this guy who works for MSNBC: