"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal." Pres. Obama
- As many of my readers know, I like to begin my posts with some type of Late-Night joke or a headline from The Onion. I decided to use the megalomaniacal line from a speech Pres. Obama gave in 2008. To this day, it still makes me laugh my ass off.
- Is Amb. Susan Rice toast? I ask that question because moderate Republican (and I "Republican" use that loosely) Senator Susan Collins of Maine suggested support for Amb. Rice is eroding. Moderate Republicans like Collins and McCain are often darlings of the lefty presstitute media until the moderate Republican goes head to head with a liberal Democrat. McCain learned that very quickly in 2008. As a moderate Republican, he was the darling of the left-leaning media until he ran against Obama. For example, in 2008, the NY Times ran a piece that suggested McCain had an affair with a lobbyist. He didn't.
- But I wandered there for a moment. Back to Susan Rice. She met with Sens. McCain and Graham behind closed doors several days ago regarding her initial false statements about why the consulate in Benghazi was attacked (She initially claimed the attacks were spontaneous and in response to a non-existent anti-Muslim movie. Then she repeated that claim on several Sunday morning news shows. We now know she knew otherwise). The senators said she left them with more questions than answers. Some suggest this meeting was a dress rehearsal for a possible nomination for Secretary of State.
- Americans need to know that there are now at least 7 different "cover-up" narratives regarding the attack in Benghazi. But Americans also need to keep in mind what Andrew McCarthy of the National Review said recently--- the coverup is not worse than the crime.
- I, like many other Americans, also believe that Pres. Obama, as well as the State Department and perhaps our intelligence community, abdicated their duty to protect Americans under attack by our enemy---al Qaeda.
- Regarding the debate over the "Fiscal Cliff," anyone ever ask the question why Democrats almost always support "wealth destruction?" That's exactly what higher taxes do to many people. As reported here this week, those states and countries were high taxes have been imposed on the wealthy, have actually experienced a reduction in revenue. Why? Because the wealthy leave town and find a friendlier tax haven. The Brits and French are learning that hard lesson right now.
- Erskine Bowles, former co-chair of Obama's debt-reduction panel, said he believes we will go over the cliff. He believes the pace of the talks are too slow and lack any compromise. The fact is the Republicans said they are willing to put revenue (tax increases) on the table. Whereas Democrats are not promising any major cuts in spending now. In addition, Democrats are not putting entitlements on the table. In fact, that lunatic, Sen. Harry Reid, said recently: "...I am not going to be part of having Social Security as part of these talks relating to the deficit." Memo to Harry Reid: reforming Social Security is no longer an option.
- Another Democrat controlled city is having some major problems (many Democrat controlled cities seem to have on-going issues of poverty and crime). Oakland, CA, is reporting it's being taken over by criminals. Burglaries are up an astonishing 43% this year. More than 11,000 homes, cars and businesses have been broken into this year alone. It comes out to about 33 burglaries a day.
- And CBS in Detroit is reporting a state senator is proposing dissolving the city.