COMBINED VACATION AND WORLD NEWS UPDATE
- ISIS moves toward the US embassy
- Obama moves toward the 9th green...WH Press Secretary
- As Pres. Obama prepares for his 401st fundraiser tonight and we continue bombing runs in Iraq, there's a debate brewing regarding Obama's previous promises to get us out of Iraq. It's undeniable that Mr. Obama campaigned on getting us out of Iraq (I believe he said within 16 months of his being elected). In fact, in an Oval Office address in 2010, he acknowledged he made that pledge and took credit for it. He based his entire campaign on ending the war in Iraq, the economy and Obamacare.
- Yet, this past weekend he decided to make a disclaimer. He said he was not his decision to pull troops out of Iraq. We're all too familiar with the countless number of lies that have come out from this administration in the last 6 years. That too is undeniable. But the spin on this one takes a very strange turn. Obama indeed kept his promise to get us out of Iraq but he's now running away from his own promise.
- So what's going on here? Simple actually. ISIS is turning Iraq into a sea of blood and guts. And the Obama administration is doing what the Obama administration has always done in the past: not taking any responsibility for the implosion in Iraq and redirecting the blame. After all, he has to come up with a rationale for why his anti-war base has been missing in action for the last 6 years.
- As many critics of the Obama administration warned---including many posts on this blog---pulling all of our troops out of Iraq would inevitably create a vacuum. And Islamist are good at filling vacuums especially with headless corpses. The only power on earth that could prevent these homicidal maniacs like ISIS from filling in that vacuum is the United States and its allies.
- Once again, it's clear Pres. Obama and the rest of the political class will say or do what's political convenient at the time. But it must also be said that our coming to the aid of Kurds and others is doing the right thing in the face of an onslaught by Islamist savages . Nevertheless, as one commentator noted, "it also reminds us that America's leaders were the ones who left those victims to fend for themselves on their own." Reminds me of the anti-Second Amendment crowd that creates gun free zones that end up only inviting armed lunatics to take advantage of unarmed, innocent civilians. Once again, it's evidence of a warped progressive ideology that often leads to innocent people losing their lives.