New Apple Campaign Urges Consumers To Buy IPhone For Other Hand...The Onion
- What to make of the Senate's interim Fiscal Cliff deal? Too early to tell right now. But we do know this. The Senate's version will do nothing to address the deficit or the debt. In fact, the deal means for every $41 in tax increases the government will cut spending by $1 (Breitbart). The thresholds have been raised to $400K for single income earners and $450K for married couples. In addition, the 27% cuts in fees to physicians for Medicare was slashed. The inheritance tax hike will go from 35% to 40% instead of to 55% on estates worth more than $5 million. And they included preserving the earned-income credit, child tax credit for another 5 years. Unemployment benefits will be extended through 2013. The House will be meeting on the Senate bill at 1 p.m. today.
- Be prepared for the Presstitute media to hail Obama and Slo Joe Biden heroes in the coming days.
- A new report on the Benghazi attack was released yesterday. Called the "Flashing Red: A Special Report on the Terrorist Attack at Benghazi," it found the State Department made a "grievous mistake" by ignoring warning signs regarding the lack of security at the consulate. Yet, as of today, no one has been fired for all the incompetence associated with this tragedy.
- One thing is certain. The entire Benghazi episode appears to be a string of lies and coverups. As one observer remarked: "It's the lie that keeps on giving."
- Starting today, states will be hit with 400 new laws. Happy New Year!
- How did one of the strictest gun control cities in America celebrate 2013? Chicago had at least 9 early morning shootings.
- And, as we enter 2013, one fact is clear: we're being led by 535 members of Congress many of whom are yo-yo's.