Monday, April 8, 2013

What My Family Personally Owes To Lady Margaret Thatcher; Obama's Malaise; Bill Ayers Comes Clean About His Relationship With Obama; Some States To Tax Guns + Ammo

John Kerry Lost Somewhere In The Gobi Desert...The Onion





  • The reactions to the death of former British PM Margaret Thatcher today are predictable. Even in death, progressives bash her (as they did to Ronald Reagan upon his death). Conservatives, on the other hand, recognize her great achievements.  On a personal level, my family owes a lot to the Iron Lady. Unfortunately, my family lived under two dictatorships. They had to live through the murderous and brutal Nazi regime in Poland during WWII. In fact, the Nazis killed about 1/3 of my family. After the Nazis were defeated, they were forced to live under Communism. Regarding the Nazis, I only know what my family told me and what I've read and seen from a historical perspective (although I did visit Auschwitz in 1988, and I was not the same person leaving that infamous slaughterhouse as I was upon entering it).

  • But I know, first hand, what it was like living under Communism. It was Thatcher's collaboration with Ronald Reagan, Pope John Paul II and Lech Welesa that put a stake in the heart of Communism in Eastern Europe. And for that alone, she gets my eternal thanks.
  • And how can one forget some of the great Thatcherisms: "If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman." "I'm extraordianarily patient, as long as I get my own way." "If my critics saw me walking over the Thames, they would say it's because I couldn't swim."
  • After the pathetic economic numbers were published last week, there was some irony. The number of people in the workforce is now the lowest since 1979. That was the same year Jimmy Carter gave his now infamous "malaise" speech to the American people.



  • If you recall, one of the criticisms of Pres. Obama in 2008 was his alleged relationship with Bill Ayers, a former Weather Underground thug (that's the prick in the photo above along with the other murdering thugs). In an interview with the Daily Beast, Ayers finally admitted he did hold a fundraiser for Obama in his apartment. The Obama campaign denied this association in the run-up to the 2008 presidential elections.

  • Several weeks ago, I wrote a piece about Hillary entitled, "The Fairy Tale That Is Hillary Clinton." In short, that piece clearly shows Hillary's tenure in government was hollow and devoid of any accomplishments. In 2009, a friend of the Clinton's predicted the following: She would do four years as Secretary of State and then she will write a book--- both in preparation for running for president. Last week, she signed a book deal.
  • Many predicted the gun control crowd (now calling themselves the gun "safety" crowd---recall what I had written several months ago about the progressives use of language) would try "back-door" ways of getting around the 2nd Amendment. In USA Today, "States Look To Tax Guns, Ammo" proves that claim. To date, six states are considering such taxes (some include Maryland, California, Nevada and Massachusetts).
  • Did you know that two hydrogen bombs have still not been recovered from crashes in the 1960's. One is somewhere in North Carolina and the other is somewhere under the ice in Greeland. NY Post
  • Headline in The Hill today: "Obama Running Short On Time To Burnish Legacy in Second Term." My response: too friggin late for that.