New, Improved Obamacare Program Released On 35 Floppy Disks...The Onion
- Last week, I questioned whether even Pres. Obama cares about the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). I asked myself that question after the story broke regarding the failed launch of the Obamacare web site. In fact, most Americans are now asking themselves how an administration can spend three years and $400-500M developing the web that doesn't even work (And today, even Consumer Reports warned consumers to stay away from Healthcare.gov because they had to admit--it sucks big time). I asked myself similar questions after every new revelation reinforcing the law's many problems. That's in addition to the administration's long record of failed domestic and foreign policies.
- Those questions and more also lead me to ask: Does Pres. Obama's ideology trump competence? We know he prefers to reward loyalty over competence. We've seen examples of this over and over again. After the Fast and Furious scandal unfolded (Remember that? We lost track of over 2000 guns we gave to drug cartels, at least one gun was traced to the killing of Brian Terry, an American border patrol agent), Eric Holder was not fired. In fact, Holder was even held in contempt of Congress for refusing to turn over documents related to the "botched Fast and Furious gun-running scandal" (CNN's words, not mine). He still remains the country's chief law enforcement official.
- We now know from several investigations---including Congressional investigations---that the attack on our consulate in Benghazi was a complete FUBAR. Yet, the individual overseeing the State Department, Hillary Clinton, was not fired. In addition to that, her record of achievements is conspicuous by its absence. Even more disturbing, she appears to be the leading Democrat candidate for the 2016 election. But it doesn't end there. Since she left office, she's been deluged with one award after another.
- Hillary Clinton was not the only one who appears to have been given a pass for her breathtaking incompetence. Susan Rice, currently National Security Advisor, was promoted to that position even after she peddled the false story---blaming a video---for the attack on the consulate in Benghazi.
- Remember the IRS scandal? Well, it's still being investigated. But do you recall Sarah Ingram? She was the commissioner for the tax exempt office that targeted mainly conservative groups (the core of the scandal). She was promoted to head ObamaCare for the IRS.
- There are many other examples of incompetence being rewarded by this administration. And now we have the most recent example of ideology trumping competence. Health and Human Services (I prefer to call it Health and Humorous Services) is headed by Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. Under her charge, the launch of the Obamacare website has been a total disaster. As of today, she's still receiving a tax-payer funded salary.
- One more item that needs attention. To date, no one in the administration or government has been held responsible for the treatment our WWII veterans received when they tried to visit their own memorial during the shutdown.
- It's becoming increasingly clear to me that Obama's ideology trumps competence. In fact, it even trumps the Peter Principle.
- And don't forget, there's also this guy: