Progressives always believe their faith in their ideology far exceeds its actual performance...my Tweet today
- "...if they are extreme conservatives, they have no place in the State of New York." That was said by NYS Gov. Cuomo this week. And who fall into his definition of "extreme conservatives?" Those who are pro-life. Those who believe in the 2nd Amendment (translated: the Constitution) and those who, according to him, are anti-gay (translated: those who believe in traditional marriage).
- Once again, one of the main spokespersons for progressive ideology proves they have not interest in tolerance and diversity. Cuomo's stance goes far beyond just having a "thin skin" as some in the media would like us to believe. His position, like many other of his ilk, is conspicuous intolerance and discrimination.
- We've seen this played out repeatedly and most recently with the Phil Robertson ("Duck Dynasty") controversy and with Chick-fil-A. We've also seen it in comments made by hosts on some of the major cable news networks. And the likes of Al Shartpon have made a career of intolerance and faux diversity.
- In fact, it's been progressives who have shown a propensity for being anti-faith, anti-woman (their attacks on conservative women know no bounds, e.g. Sarah Palin, Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham just to name a few), anti-family, anti-wealthy, and anti-free speech (as evidenced on countless college campuses that shut down conservative speech and thought). Just as disturbing, many of their attacks have been malicious, vicious and spiteful. This was played out in all of its glory with the IRS targeting conservative groups. We'll also be seeing this played out with their chants of "income inequality" even as they themselves embrace the 1% (because most are members of the 1%).
- And of course, they don't draw a red line when it comes to perpetuating lies upon the American people as we've seen with Obamacare and Benghazi. The only outcome we've seen from Hope and Change has been deceit, hypocrisy and incompetence.
- Perhaps P.J. O'Rourke, one of our generation's best conservative humorist, said it best: "At the core of liberalism is a spoiled child---miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats."