Super Bowl Confetti Made Entirely From Shredded Concussion Studies...The Onion
- Allow me to get one point out of the way before I begin. Who was the genius at Fox News who thought a pre-Super Bowl interview with Pres. Obama would be a good idea? Really, the only people who had any interest in that interview would have been political junkies like me, and I thought it was a stupid idea. Few are interested in politics on Super Bowl Sunday. In addition, by the time that interview was aired, most of the Super Bowl audience was hammered. Having said that, I believe Megyn Kelly would have been more hard-hitting than O'Reilly was.
- So for those who were hugging their toilet this morning, allow me to practice my civic duty and give you what I came away with after watching that interview. In short, the president exhibited his usual arrogance. But even more disturbing, he showed---yet again---that the progressive political class (Democrats and Republicans) refuse to hold anyone---including themselves---accountable for the long laundry list of cluster f*cks we've witnessed in the last five years.
- When O'Reilly asked several questions about Benghazi and the IRS screwups, Pres. Obama replied, "I try not to focus on the fumbles but on the next play." It sounds like Peyton Manning and the Broncos took the president's advice.
- But even more disturbing, when Obama was specifically asked about the IRS scandal, he replied there was not even a "smidgen of corruption" contributing to the IRS targeting of conservative groups. Interesting comment considering the Lois Lerner, the IRS official who testified before Congress, hid behind the 5th Amendment.
- This interview and the behavior of the administration is yet another example of how the political class keeps flipping us the bird. To date, Hillary Clinton has still not been held accountable for what happened in Benghazi even after several committees proved there were serious systemic breakdowns in her Department. The political class went so far as to label Benghazi a "fake" scandal. Not only does Hillary continue to get a pass---even from most of the presstitutes in the media---but she's garnered one award after another.
- And like the IRS scandal and Benghazi, the president has not even held anyone accountable for the Fast and Furious scandal. Like Benghazi, Americans lost their lives in that incident too.
- O'Reilly, to his credit, also pressed Obama on the failed Obamacare rollout and asked why Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius was not fired. The president refused to answer that question.
- Perhaps even more unsettling than the examples above, Michael Walsh of the NY Post made a good case that the administration is turning the nation into the U.S. of Paranoia. He pointed out correctly that between the NSA's power and the IRS's revenge, how can Americans not be worried about the opinions they express? Or to use the old cliche: Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. Unfortunately, it's the America we're living in today---compliments of the political class.