450,000 Unsold Earth Day Issues Of Time Trucked To Landfill...The Onion
- As I toked on an Arturo Fuente Rothschild this morning while blowing smoke rings into the air and thanking the Good Lord for creating such a beautiful planet, I couldn't help thinking of the self-righteous, arrogant and smug environmental hypocrites who also inhabit earth.
- Perhaps it's appropriate considering the founder of Earth Day---Ira Einhorn, Philadelphia's own Charles Manson---was convicted of murdering his girlfriend and then stuffing her body into a trunk in his apartment. He was on the lam for about 25 years. He was eventually caught in France and extradited back to the United States. His defense was that CIA agents killed his girlfriend because he knew too much about the agency's paranormal research. Einhorn was convicted and is currently serving a well-deserved life sentence. We don't know if he still celebrates Earth Day from his prison cell.
- Al Gore, usually invoked as the patron saint of many of these environmental, Earth Day phonies, was one of the first to expose his own fraud when the Associated Press reported Gore's Tennessee mansion used more than 12 times the average energy use for the typical household in his geographic area (there were some reports his energy use exceeded local households by a factor of 20). He used the same amount of energy as 232 homes. Tenn Center for Policy Research By the way, considering his current body weight, it appears Gore likes to also take quite a few round-trips to his local, grease and fatty infused fast-food joints.
- Then of course there are the typical Hollywood nitwits who never walk their own talk. Many of these hypocrites counsel us on protecting the planet as they drive in gas-guzzling limos or fly around the planet in private jets where their carbon footprint for one year exceeds the footprint we use in a life time. A typical Gulfstream can gulp up to 400 gallons of fuel in one hour. In addition, these same phonies love traveling by sea in luxury yachts where one tank of gas can cost a cool $1/4 million with a cost of approximately $2 grand an hour to operate depending on the size of the boat.
- Or who can forget Barbara Streisand, another global warming phony, who spent over $20 grand a year just watering her lawn and air-conditioning her 12,000 square foot barn? Daily Beast
- Coincidentally, these are also many of the same posers who take every avenue to restrict the 2nd Amendment rights of Americans as they mow down thousands of people in their films and TV shows every year. And allow me to add this. If not for the licenses and fees hunters and fishermen pay, many of these same "environmentalists" wouldn't have an opportunity to enjoy rewards of our many national parks and forests.
- Sylvie Barak, a tech freelance writer, summed up Earth Day best when she wrote: "Yes, the day when hypocrites from all over the planet spout about 'going green' until the rest of us go green with nausea."