During his trip to the White House yesterday, Uruguay's President said more Americans should be bilingual. Then Joe Biden said, "Thanks, but I'm happily married."...Fallon
- On several occasions, I wrote pieces thanking God for social media. I tried to point out that social media gives ordinary citizens an effective weapon in unveiling lies and defending the truth. In addition, I believe social media has helped us immensely in exposing the lies and deceptions of government and the main stream media. We've seen this played out in all of the scandals and blunders associated with this current government. We've also watched as protesters in other countries used this medium against their tyrannical governments. In fact, not long ago, the WSJ reported that millennials rack up 18 hours of media use per day with over 3 hours in social networking alone.
- So perhaps it should not have come as a surprise that Pres. Obama---according to Jay Carney, his press spokesperson---learned of the VA scandal from television. While that might be appropriate for an ordinary citizen, it should send shivers down the spine of most Americans. In other words, Pres. Obama learns about the scandals surrounding his administration from watching television. Who knew we had a "low information" president?
- Of course, none of this is true. Regarding the VA, Pres. Obama was informed of the systemic deficiencies in the system in 2008. In 2007, even before taking office, Obama said we "need a new sense of urgency" in targeting problems at the VA. So what has his administration done? It proposed cuts to TriCare for veterans.
- In May of 2013, Obama admitted he found out about the IRS scandal from news reports. In other words, he found out about it the way the rest of the country did even though the head of the IRS---the Secretary of the Treasury---reports directly to the president. Just as the VA scandal made him and the Secretary of the VA "mad as hell" ---(so mad, Obama went golfing two days later after finding out about the alleged deaths of 40 veterans at the Phoenix VA...AP), the IRS scandal made him sick. I guess that's how one is suppose to feel when scandals are simply a "smidgen."
- Pres. Obama has a long track record of getting "mad as hell" at all these scandals. But don't tell those very same employees of these government agencies who continue to get raises and bonuses. And most are still employed.
- Hey, but let's be grateful for one thing: At least the president gets his news like the rest of us.