Groundhog Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow today, resulting in another 6 weeks of Hillary's lies...WH Press Secretary Tweet (satire)
In my previous post, I didn't think the Iowa Caucus was such a big deal with few exceptions. I still feel the same way even though I know there's some disagreements on that observation. Nevertheless, there were some interesting outcomes. These included, but were not limited to, the following:
- Hillary may not believe it but she got smoked by Sanders. What other conclusion can one arrive at when she was leading Bernie by about 30 points just 6 months ago in most polls? In addition, she won on coin flips. You read that right---on 6 coins tosses all in her favor (by the way, the odds of getting 6 coin tosses in your favor is very suspicious. But it is a Clinton after all).
- Rubio came in 3rd but acted like he won, Good move on his part to take to the podium so early to give the air of winning. Even some of the networks agreed with him.
- Cruz won but not really by much considering it was a caucus. Nevertheless, it gives him momentum and more donor money going into New Hampshire (the same can be said for Rubio).
- Trump didn't win. The fact is he didn't expect to win. He said so himself earlier in the week. In addition, regardless of what many pundits said about his skipping the last debate---that it wouldn't hurt him---I believe it did. And I believe he knows it did. I don't see him skipping any future debates.
- Regarding the rest of the Republican field? Yes, New Hampshire is beyond the horizon and anything can still happen. But don't count on it. I believe the field we see now----Cruz, Trump and Rubio will be the horses left in this race for the foreseeable future.
- And the Democrats will be stuck with Hillary and Bernie.
Hillary should feel good not losing to an aging, hippy Marxist but I'll flip anyone a coin that she's weeping as Iowa recedes in her rear view mirror today.