I'm trying to lose some weight so my pants aren't so tight. Never thought I'd be trying to get into my own pants...Kevin Nealon, Comic and SNL alumni
- Pres. Obama is getting hammered for his attack on the Supreme Court last week regarding their review of Obamacare. He deserves the criticism. He was way out of line. Now comes news even his former law prof at Harvard is disappointed. In providing cover for his former student, Lawrence Tribe, the Harvard prof, said the president "obviously misspoke." How bad does your gaffe have to be for your former teacher to come forward and try to bail you out?
- Even Reuters News is reporting the White House is in damage control over this very issue (this White House has been in "damage control" the day Pres. Obama stepped into the Ovula Office). Of course, leave it to that genius, Eric Holder, to come to the defense of his boss (considering his ass should have shown the door 3 years ago). As everyone is reporting the White House is back-tracking from the president's remarks, Holder actually said, "What the president said a couple of days ago was appropriate." But yesterday, this knucklehead had to back track his own statement when he said, "Courts have the final say in the constitutionality of statutes." No sh!t Sherlock! Really folks, I couldn't make this stuff up even if I tried. And to think about 40-45% of the country will vote for this administration again. God, give us strength.
- While I'm on Holder, it was announced that the 9/11 masterminds, including Khalid Sheik Mohammad, will be tried for plotting the 9/11 attack. If you recall, one of the reasons it's taken so long is because of a previous Holder f%#k up. He wanted the trials to be held in downtown Manhattan. Of course, there was huge pushback on that stupid idea including from Police Commish Ray Kelly and local leaders. So last year, the administration backed down and the case will be heard at Gitmo.
- And for those many Americans who much prefer pictures or charts to actually thinking for themselves, I suggest you simply look up.
- And then look up just one more time. Do I have your attention now?
- I've written a lot about the media misconduct throughout this Trayvon killing incident (Once again, for the stinking record, I believe Zimmerman should be arrested solely from what I heard on the 911 tape. We need to settle this in a court of law). We now know that NBC had to apologize for doctoring the 911 tape to make Zimmerman out to be some type of racist. And just within the last 2 days we find out that Zimmerman, in fact, might have had an injury to the back of his head. If you recall, ABC first aired that video of him under arrest apparently showing Zimmerman with no injuries. That, once again, led to another rush to judgement. It was not until a few days later, they released an "enhanced" photo that appears to indeed show injuries on the back of Zimmerman's head. Because of the media malfeasance and negligence in the reporting of this case, opinions have already been shaped over erroneous information. And that, in itself, is a crime in my opinion.
- It's time for another, "Green Fraud Update." It's been report4ed that A123 Systems, a battery maker, who received almost $300 million in taxpayer money from the Obama administration filed for bankruptcy after losing another $257 mil last year. Hey, what's a few million here and a few million there anyway? We can always print more money.
- This week marks 44 years since the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. I would suggest Americans introduce themselves to Dr. King's "I Have A Dream" speech, especially African-Americans. There are important lessons in that speech that many today seemed not to have learned.