Matt Damon: "I need to pay more taxes." Paris called to offer a great deal on Gerard Depardieu's old house. Tweet by former senator Fred Thompson
- It's long been shown that Al Gore is a fake, phony, fraud and hypocrite. That's never been a surprise. But something he did two weeks ago leads me to question this former Vice President's allegiance to America. As many know by now, his former network, "Current TV," was sold to Al-Jazeera. This is the same network that gave a platform to the rantings of the late Osama bin Laden and other Jihadists. In addition, the scumbags at Al-Jazeera have long been apologists for terror groups like Hamas while also being known for anti-American and anti-Semitic rhetoric. So I was compelled to ask the question: Is Gore aiding & abetting our enemies?
- And if that's not enough, Al Gore has always promoted higher taxes (He's a rich liberal, what would you expect?). Yet, he reportedly completed the sale of his network before 2013 to avoid: paying higher taxes.
- Gore is not the only conspicuous hypocrite when it comes to liberals who proclaim we should be burdened with higher taxes while they skirt taxes. As Michelle Malkin reported not so long ago. Google shifted nearly $10B in revenues to Bermuda. Costco, another big Obama supporter like Google, voted to pay a special $7 per share year-end dividends to avoid higher taxes. Facebook, whose found Zuckerberg proclaimed paying higher taxes was "cool," avoided paying taxes on at least $200M.
- Yesterday, I thought about the last election again. We've had a dismal economy for four years. Unemployment is still much to high (last report even showed unemployment rose for women, blacks and young people). Wages have stagnated. ObamaCare costs are not living up to expectations (lower costs). Less than 25% of Americans say we're headed in the right direction. Yada, yada, yada. Yet, Obama was re-elected. Probably also shows us how weak Republicans really are.
- Speaking of Obama's economic legacy, the average American spends about $83 a day, not counting household bills according to Gallup. That's up from $76 last year.
- I've often criticized higher education for scamming young people when it comes to their tuition and the huge amount of debt they incur. USA Today reported that a child born today will be paying over $41K per year at a public college or university or $93 grand at a private school.
- Pres. Obama, on many occasions, said his administration would be the most transparent in history. In 2011, the Obama administration blacked out 194 pages of emails about...Open government. Bloomberg News reported "19 of 20 cabinet-level agencies disobeyed the law requiring the disclosure of public information." In 2011, the White House received an award for its commitment to open government. The ceremony was closed to the press.
- Of course, a week cannot go by when Slo Joe Biden makes a fool of himself. At the swearing in last week of new senators, he said to a female senator: "Spread your legs. You're gonna be frisked."