Modern Day Robin Hood Living In Woods Shooting Rich People With Arrows...The Onion
- As Pres. Obama resumes his Hawaiian vacation, unemployment shot up to 7.8%. In addition, first time unemployment filers also spiked this week. Unemployment also rose sharply for women (7.3% from 7.0%) and for blacks (13.2 to 14%). Interesting considering this is the demographic that largely voted for Pres. Obama in November.
- Yet, with all of this going on, the administration and Congress keep flipping us the bird. If you recall, the Senate passed the unpopular ObamaCare on Christmas Eve of 2010. Now we found out the Senate passed their version of the fiscal cliff bill in less than 3 minutes at about 1:30 in the morning. The debt ceiling battle is also upon us, but it's been an issue for decades. And like they did with the fiscal cliff bill, they will most likely wait until the last minute to tackle the debt ceiling. Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said it best this week, "Something has gone terribly wrong when the biggest threat to our American economy is the American Congress."
- According to White House Dossier, the Obama's vacations to Hawaii have cost American taxpayers over $20M in the last four years.
- And, as I wrote yesterday, the political class is irresponsible, incompetent and irrational.
- Business person on ObamaCare: "It now costs significantly more to hire someone---guess what? It will hire less. It's not rocket science."
- Good news from some local politicos. Putnam County NY officials refused to give the Journal News Media Group information regarding those who have legal gun permits. Putnam officials: "This is not about defending the issue of gun ownership in the aftermath of Newtown; this issue is strictly about the privacy and safety of our law-abiding citizens."
- Yesterday, The Washington Free Beacon reported that the Obama administration still does not include women when they have their high level staff meeting.