Tuesday, May 14, 2013

"First They Came..." No Sympathy For The Devil As The Fawning Media Whines; Critics of Obama: The Administration's Credibility Is Crumbling: Don't Allow That To Happen To Yours

"When President Obama was in Texas {last week}, he told people to 'Remember the Alamo and forget about Benghazi."...Leno




  • With more news breaking about the Feds seizing Associated Press (AP) phone records, it reminds me of that famous quote following the rise of Nazis prior to WWII. Although there are different variations of the quote, it's called, "First They Came."
  • Paraphrasing the quote, "First they came for the Communist, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew...Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak for me."
  • This must be how many in the media feel today (In fact, the CEO of AP said this yesterday: "I am writing to object in the strongest possible terms to a massive and unprecedented intrusion by the Department of Justice into the news gathering activities of 'The Associated Press.'" This is a media---I often refer to as "presstitutes"---who have covered FOR this administration and Democrats instead of covering them. Many of these same media types whining today have been enabling this administration for years. So now they are suddenly surprised at this turn of events? Michael Goodwin of the NY Post wrote several months ago in his piece entitled, "Obama's Obedient Lap Dogs" the following: "For more than four years, the fawning mainstream coverage of the president has been a national disgrace. The only standard was a double standard..."
  • And while I will continue to have little  respect and sympathy for these people, the fact is the actions of the Justice Department might be a violation of the First Amendment.
  • And this comes on the heels of the IRS targeting conservative groups for the last 3 years. My questions to the IRS are these: How much taxpayer money was spent on these investigations and how many in the IRS were involved? I cannot believe it only involved "low-level" employees as they reported. It had to involve supervisory personnel.
  • And critics have to be careful in speculating whether Pres. Obama was involved in any of these (anyone who reads my work regularly knows I don't take soft shots at this administration). Remember, this administration's credibility is crumbling. Don't let it happen to yours.