Pres. Obama said he welcomes the national debate over our surveillance polices. He said that's a debate we wouldn't have had five years ago. Five years ago? It's a debate we wouldn't have had two weeks ago if they all hadn't got caught...Leno
- It appears The Police were prescient when they wrote that song some years ago. One has to wonder when Pres. Obama said "we are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America" over 4 years ago, he meant transforming the country from a constitutional republic to an autocratic government. By the way, I don't believe we are there yet, but it does appear our government is skirting on the edges.
- Don't get me wrong, and most polls show this, Americans understand we need our intelligence services to ensure our national security including surveillance. However, those same Americans want our country to do it legally and follow the Constitution.
- At this time, we don't have a clear picture regarding what the NSA has done other than what Snowden reported in the last week (and, as days go by, I'm disliking and not trusting this guy more and more especially with reports that he plans on releasing more information. In addition, his interviews to the South China Morning Post, a Commie government rag, don't pass the smell test for me. During the Cold War, it would be like being interviewed by Pravda. Very disturbing in my opinion). In other words, how much intelligence information are the Commies reaping from Snowden?
- But we do have a clear picture of what the IRS did as well as the Department of Justice. While these are all different departments and agencies, they all fall under the umbrella of the Obama administration and their poor governance.
- As I've written in previous posts, we're now witnessing a debate on the balance between lawful government operations and imperious government. It's a debate all Americans should welcome.
- By the way, where is Pres. Obama on all this? He now appears to be the Bystander-in-Chief.
- To add insult to injury, a news broke today that the State Department hired agents with criminal records. This comes on the heels of another report earlier this week that a US ambassador solicited prostitutes overseas, some allegedly minors. In addition, whistleblower charges claim these reports were covered-up by the State Department. NY Post
- We've known for some time now that many of the promises made by the Obama administration regarding ObamaCare have been bogus. It now appears even many lawmakers are starting to realize this fact. The Politico is reporting today that many lawmakers and their aides are planning on leaving early because they know their health insurance premiums will skyrocket next year.
- Also, CNN is now reporting that deductibles for ObamaCare could be as high as $2 grand. And, at least in California, that would be on top of $321 average premiums per month. The fact is we get new revelations every week about how really bad ObamaCare will be for most Americans, at least regarding the cost.