Gun Control now! Armed gunmen have just prevented me from stealing land for my grandchildren at #BundyRanch. I bet the Koch's are behind this...Tweet by Harry Reidnose
- Regarding the controversy over the Bundy Ranch, who owns what (the truth is a large portion of Nevada is government owned land), Bundy himself (we really don't know much about the man yet), the Harry Reid and endangered species connection ( the fact is the boundaries of the endangered tortoise's habitat were changed to accommodate one of Harry Reid's biggest donors as pointed out by Dana Loesch in her own excellent piece, "The Real Story Behind The Bundy Ranch Harassment) and land use, the Bundy Ranch stand-off was an expression of the discontent and anger many Americans now have toward the government, the Obama administration and the political class.
- Last October, I penned a piece entitled, "How Much More Pain, Misery And Dysfunction Will American Tolerate From The Government?" Apparently, the Bundy Ranch dispute was the straw that broke the camel's back.
- At the time of that piece, I listed the events surrounding the government shutdown and how our own WWII vets were treated when they visited THEIR OWN memorial in D.C. If you recall, a Park Ranger leaked the fact that those responsible for shutting down the memorial wanted to make "life as difficult for people as we can." That Park Ranger even called the strategy "disgusting."
- Further insult and pain was compounded by five years of a wretched economy that imposed emotional distress on a large part of our population---including most of those who voted for Pres. Obama. In addition, we've also seen the damage done by ObamaCare since its botched roll-out in October of last year.
- In between all of this misery, we also witnessed an administration, many in the media and political class attack conservative organizations, demonize the Tea Party, mocking conservative women and black conservatives and even attacking people of faith.
- Even more disturbing, attacks upon our Constitutional rights have become more prevalent. Records of reporters were seized at AP. A Fox News reporter was investigated. Attacks on our Second Amendment rights appear to have no bounds. Political profiling by the IRS was rampant. Many Constitutional scholars believe the two-dozen changes to ObamaCare required actual legislation. And questionable eavesdropping by the NSA are but a few examples.
- Once again, I believe Abe Lincoln had it right when he said: "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
- Or are we left with a question posed by John Hinderaker of Powerline: "So what possible place is there for the Bundys in the Age of Obama?" Hinderacker might as well be asking that question of every American.