Islamist terrorist have zeroed in on what they regard as a mortal threat: girls going to school...NY Post
- I---as well as many others---have been raising the alarm about children being kidnapped and murdered by Islamist. Last August, I wrote a piece entitled, "Our Anemic Response To Islamist Contributions To Peace: One Christian Body At A Time." And last month, I reinforced the earlier piece with one entitled: "As Islamist Continue To Stack One Body On Other, Our Media Remains Largely Silent."
- All of that changed last month when Boko Haram kidnapped almost 300 school girls from a government girls secondary school in Nigeria. And earlier this week, one of the leaders of Boko Haram said the girls would be sold into slavery. "I abducted your girls. I will sell them in the market...There is a market for selling humans. Allah said I should sell. He commands me to sell. I sell women. I sell women," said the thug claiming to be the leader.
- According to intelligence sources, Boko Haram is a terrorist group that has received training from al-Qaeda. This terrorist group of human filth has been terrorizing mostly Christians for over a decade (they were founded in 2002). They've murdered thousands of people at schools, villages, government buildings, and churches. In this most recent attack, in addition to kidnapping the girls, 16 other people were murdered. In the last two years alone, they've been responsible for about 30 terrorist attacks including the killing of students at other schools and bus bombings. If you're so inclined, you can read a listing of the crimes committed by these beasts in the two posts I referenced above.
- So with all of this information and disturbing history, you can imagine my surprise (perhaps I should not have been surprised considering her own history) when The Daily Beast (a left-of-center publication) reported yesterday that Hillary Clinton had refused to brand Boko Haram a terrorist group when she was Secretary of State. In fact, the piece by Josh Rogin begins: "The State Department under Hillary Clinton fought hard against placing the al-Qaeda linked militant group Boko Haram on its official list of foreign terrorist organizations for two years." (By the way, you can always identify a progressive rag when they refer to terrorists as "militants"). As of this week, the good news is we are providing some assistance to the Nigerian government especially in the form of intelligence. Drones anyone?
- So with this recent information and the long history of this terrorist group, you can understand my surprise when Pres. Obama, Michelle Obama and other in our political class suddenly show concern. The fact is Boko Haram and the other terror affiliates are also a threat to us. Keep in mind the terrorist that destroyed the WTC in 2001 planned that action from Afghanistan. The NY Post editorial reminds us what happens when we "downplay the death and mayhem terrorists can inflict even from remote parts of the world. Any Islamist war on modernity will sooner or later target America."
- Perhaps our response this week fits the phrase: "It's better late than never." But for the 300 school girls, it might just be too damn late.