In an interview, she said she and her husband were dead broke when they left the White House. Hillary said things were so bad, the two of them needed to share a bedroom...Conan
- With the absolute disaster of a roll-out of her book, many are now wondering whether Hillary Clinton''s ship has already sailed. She's sold about 129,000 copies to date. To put it in perspective, one issue of a Batman comic book sales range from about 100,000 to 115,000 copes a month.
- In the past, I've summarized her pathetic record as both NY State Senator and Secretary Of State (refer to the 3/25/13 post entitled, "The Fairy Tale That Is Hillary Clinton" and the May 13, 2014 post entitled, "Hillary Clinton: The Perfect Progressive Politician--Good At Nothing; Bad At Everything."). In short, her accomplishments are conspicuous by their absence. In her defense---as her enablers often remind us---she traveled a lot. In all that travel, she produced no major diplomatic breakthroughs nor did she have any major foreign policy success. This was even substantiated in recent interviews with her own supporters.They couldn't think of one major accomplishment by Ms. Bubba. Keep in mind she was Secretary of State for four years. You can read about her legacy every day with what is currently occurring in places like Iraq, Egypt, Syria, Libya, N. Korea, and Iran to name a few. And for those anti-war folks out there who support her---she voted in support of military action in Iraq.
- But even with this pitiful and unimpressive record, don't be surprised if she runs and actually wins in 2016.
- For one reason, 2016 is still two years away. Americans have short memory life spans when it comes to supporting politicians. Allow me to just throw out a few names of politicians with poor track records who continue(d) to get re-elected: Charlie Rangel (censured by the House for not paying his taxes and failing to report $660K in income. He won yesterday), Ted Kennedy (Mary Jo ring a bell?), Marion Berry (caught on video smoking crack coke in a hotel room), Barney Frank (in 1980 reprimanded by Congress for abusing his office in fixing 33 parking tickets for his former boyfriend, an acknowledged male prostitute who was driving Frank's car). I can list countless others, but you get the picture.
- Another reason, half the country is now dependent on the government. Any wonder Pres. Obama was re-elected with such a poor record? Many of these same voters will support a progressive politician who promises them more government goodies.
- She certainly has name recognition. In addition, she'll forever be associated with her husband whose favorability ratings remain high.
- And there are many American voters who want to see the first female president even if it's someone like Hillary Clinton.
- So don't put a fork into Hillary Clinton, not yet anyway. She most certainly has a lot of baggage but American voters are fickle. And many are just plain stupid.