Only 25% polled believe that it's safer in America under Obama---and they meant safer here for the terrorists...WH Press Secretary Tweet
- As early as 1932, Winston Churchill warned the world about Germany's rearmament. In fact, he was considered by many now the lone voice in cautioning everyone about the dangers of the upcoming Gathering Storm the title of his first book that described his opposition to the appeasement of Hitler in the 1930's. The central theme of his book targeted the futility of appeasement and the need to stand up to dictators. After his forewarning, Hitler invaded Poland on Sept. 1, 1939. It was the start of WWII.
- Even before Ronald Reagan challenged the the Soviet Union to "tear down this wall," he counseled free democracies about the dangers of Communism. In his 1983, "Evil Empire Speech," he targeted Communism as the "focus of evil in the modern world."
- I bring up those two great examples of strength and influence because of what came out of the WH yesterday. Just when you thought the Obama administration could not surprise you again, there's this. At the WH presser, deputy press secretary Eric Schultz actually stated that the Taliban is not a terrorist group. He referred to them as an "armed insurgency." To the credit of the media, Schultz was challenged about that absurd statement. Moreover, if Eric Schultz were caught by the Taliban, he'd learn quickly what kind of terrorist group it is.
- But this should come as no surprise to any rational observer of this administration's many foreign policy blunders . Remember, it was just last summer when the Obama administration released five battle-hardened Taliban terrorists in exchange for Bergdahl. (It's being reported he will be charged with desertion).
- Perhaps the WH also needs a reminder that it was just over a month ago when Taliban terrorists attacked a school in Pakistan and murdered about 126 people, many of whom were children. And has the Obama administration already forgotten about the 10+ years our troops fought against the Taliban in Afghanistan many of whom died in that war? Even prior to September 11, 2001, the UN attributed at least a dozen massacres to the Taliban. The UN also reported the Taliban were responsible for most of the deaths of civilians in Afghanistan. These terrorists actually placed IED's in many schools and targeted unarmed aid workers usually by suicide bombings.
- But then again, it's this administration and the progressive elites who always try to keep reminding us that Islamist terrorism has nothing to do with Islam even though the Islamist themselves have always taken credit for these barbaric attacks.
- Churchill and Reagan knew the dangers of political correctness and appeasement. In Churchill's case, few heeded his warnings. We know the outcome of those concessions. Even today, most of civilized society has awaken to the threat of Islamist terrorism. It's only unfortunate and to the detriment of the lives of millions that many of those in leadership positions have not including those currently residing in the White House and too many in Congress.
Postscript: It was reported today that Obama's JV team burned the Jordanian pilot alive.