Obama's congrats to Netanyahu was accidentally emailed to the Clinton server where it was instinctively erased by Hillary. WH Press Secretary Tweet (satire)
Netanyahu as a young military officer
- If one watched the progressive media this week as I did, one would have observed how absolutely giddy and punch drunk they were with euphoria. This was especially evident at CNN, NPR and the lunatics at MSNBC.
- Early polls were showing that Netanyahu would probably lose the election. And, by the way, I'm not only referring to the American media. The media in Israel is largely progressive as well (bear in mind, for many Israeli and American Jews, their ideology trumps their concern for Israel. If you don't believe me just read the editorials. The NY Times is one classic example of this warped dogma). This same ideology was being expressed by much of the world-wide press too.
- But the onslaught by progressives didn't only end with their press. In early February I wrote a piece entitled, "Obama Administration's Conspicuous Hostility Toward Israel." In that piece, I summarized the disdain the Obama administration has toward Israel and Netanyahu. How deep is this antipathy? This deep: The Obama administration actually had an Obama operative in Israel (the operative, a former Obama campaign strategist) working diligently to overthrow Netanyahu. Their group went by the moniker of V15.
- Netanyahu was still able to beat back this progressive blitz. And the reason was clear. Most voters understood that he has been right about Iran and its threat to Israel's national security as well as ours if they do build ICBM's. In addition, his victory also proved the Obama administration's approach is wrong---dead wrong. As Adam Brodsky made very clear in his piece today in the NY Post: "Let's cut to the chase. It's not a 'deal' that counts. It's stopping Iran from getting the bomb...It is only because Iran has cheated in the past that we're in this situation in the first place." If you recall, it was Netanyahu's speech to Congress when he declared, "That's why this deal is so bad. It doesn't block Iran's path to the bomb, it paves Iran's path to the bomb." And these are facts that Netanyahu and those who voted for him understand. On the other hand, it appears the Obama administration and progressives do not.
- It was Netanyahu, not the President of the U.S., who chose courage and fearlessness over appeasement. Netanyahu fully understands these existential threats. After all, Israel is the only nation on earth that has been threatened with total annihilation by its neighbors since its birth as a nation in 1948.
- With his election win, Netanyahu strengthened his stature as one of the leaders of the Free World. It's time Mr. Obama and his minions came to the realization that the U.S. remains the world's foremost superpower. It would also be refreshing to have the President of the U.S. and Commander-in-Chief behave as fearless and courageous as the current Prime Minister of Israel.