"I have come to the conclusion that politics are too serious a matter to be left to the politicians."...Charles de Gaulle
Allow me to set aside a current pervasive issue. I don't give a damn about the squabble over Megyn Kelly vs. Donald Trump. All of that is a diversion from what really matters in America today. In my opinion, we need to elect someone who will repair the damage done by the Obama administration and the progressive political class. That also includes the harm done to America by the Clintons and their ilk.
That leads me to Bernie Sanders. Who knew there are so many Marxist sympathizers in America? Hat-tip to Paul Sperry of the Hoover Institution who recently penned a piece entitled, "History-Hiding Liberal Media Can't Bury Commie Sanders' True Colors." In his piece, he pointed out the following regarding Sanders:
- As mayor of Burlington, VT., Sanders hung the Soviet flag on his office wall.
- As a student at the University of Chicago, Sanders belonged to the Young People's Socialist League.
- After leaving college, he moved to Vermont and headed the American People's History Society---a mouth piece for Marxist ideology and propaganda.
- He honeymooned in the Soviet Union.
- In 1985, he traveled to Managua to celebrate the rise of power of the Marxist-Leninist Sandinista government. He called their revolution "heroic."
- In 1989, Sanders spoke at the national conference of the US Peace Council---a front group for Communist Party USA.
- Sperry added if Sanders were applying for a Cabinet position, he wouldn't be able to pass an FBI background check.
Those are just a few examples of Bernie's real agenda---an agenda that would take America even further to the Left of Obama's policies. So excluding Martin O'Malley, the Democrats are running a Marxist sympathizer as well as a conspicuous corrupt politician for the Office of the President of the United States.
It's for this reason and others, I don't give a crap about the debate regarding the Fox News debate tonight. I care about the direction this great nation will take within one year from this month.