"Nation Impressed By Feats Of Very Strong Little Boy: Pint-Sized Muscleman Can Lift Entire Frozen Turkey Over His Head." The Onion. What other incredible feats of strength and stamina did seven year old Michael Sartinsky accomplish? How about hanging upside down on his backyard swing for more than an hour (experts agreed any other normal boy would have passed out and fallen to his death). Little strongman Michael also rolled several large rocks into the ravine behind his house, one of which smashed apart a big rotten branch. The kid is incredible.
- Is Newt Gingrich conflicted? I don't know but some of the accusations he's made against Romney don't make much sense to me. For example, he calls Romney an insider and part of the Republican establishment, yet Newt is also part of the Republican establishment. He's lived in Washington D.C. for three decades. But then he calls Romney a "liberal" and not much different than Obama. But if Romney is part of the Republican establishment, how can he also be a liberal? Or is Newt just confused? Or is he like any other politician---he wants it both ways? But he did lead the Republican revolution in 1994. He developed The Contract With America and almost all provisions were passed by Congress. He led the charge to overhaul America's broken and corrupt welfare system.
- Having said that, he appears to be a bit of a whiner to me. He blames the Romney campaign for carpet bombing his campaign with ads he says are not true. But, if he ends up being the Republican candidate, what does he think the Obama campaign will do---carpet bomb with rose petals? We already have a whiner as president of the United States. Do we want another one?
- In key battleground states (Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin), Romney is even with Obama according to the USA/Gallup Poll. Newt trails Obama 54% to 40%.
- History shows that rising jobless rates result in presidents losing their jobs. Jimmy Carter experienced this phenomena as did George H.W. Bush. So can Obama win if unemployment keeps dropping? In other words, it really is about the economy (even with many Americans not happy with George W. Bush over Iraq in 2004, he still won the election. A month prior to the election, unemployment was 5.5% and falling) USA Today
- "Religion of Peace Update"---A Canadian jury found three members of an Afghan family guilty of killing three teenage sisters and another women in an "honor" killing. The women were killed because they defied the family's rules on dress, dating, socializing and using the Internet. USA Today
- Have you noticed the Obama Administration has not condemned the violent actions of the Occupy movement? But why would they? The Occupy movement is class warfare in action.
- Global warming update: Alaska almost broke the coldest record in history: -80 degrees below zero.
- The Catholic Church supported Obamacare and now the Obama Administration stabbed the Church in the back. Health and Human Services will require employers to include contraception and abortion-inducing drugs in the health plans. While the directive will not directly affect the Catholic Church and other Christian churches; it will affect Church affiliated hospitals and colleges. Needless to say, churches are livid and threatened not to comply. I guess they failed to listen to many who warned them and others: We told you so. This will be a fascinating battle to watch develop.