The Onion's "American Voices " regarding Obama's kill list: "That's smart. Making a kill list increases the likelihood you'll get those people killed." Frank Spinell, Sewer Pipe Offbearer
- Memo to Mitt Romney: Choose Allen West as your running mate. I know it's a long-shot you would, but let's look at the upside here. He's a black congressman from Florida, a state you really, really need. He's a retired U.S. Army Lt. Col. He served in Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom. He's received several service awards including the Bronze Star. He's from a family of veterans. His father served in WWII and his brother in Vietnam. He's NOT an attorney.
- He's also a badass and proven leader. While serving in Iraq, he got himself in a little bit of trouble. During an interrogation of a scumbag turncoat Iraqi police officer who was not giving any information, the officer reached for his weapon and was immediately subdued by other officers. West took out his service pistol and fired next to the scumbag's head. The Iraqi turncoat then immediately started blabbing. West received an Article 15 and was fined $5000. Asked if he would act differently in the future, he said proudly: "If it's about the lives of my soldiers at stake, I'd go through hell with a gasoline can." That's the kind of person I believe most Americans would be proud of as Vice President or President.
- Regarding the president's "Kill List." Let me say this on the front end. I'm glad Obama has one. The more scumbags on the kill list, the better. However, can you imagine the uproar there would be in the knee-pad media and among Democrats if Bush or any other Republican had such a list? We would be hearing never-ending outcries for impeachment from those fake, phonies and frauds. And recall, it was Sen. Obama who excoriated then Pres. Bush for his War on Terror strategy. In fact, it was Sen. Obama who advocated that terrorists be read their Miranda rights. Well, you can't read Miranda rights to people who have on a "kill list" now can you?
- "Good News Moment" Reports out of Venezuela are that Hugo Chavez is in his last stages of life. It's good news because after he croaks, perhaps the good people of Venezuela will finally be free of the shackles of Marxism. Now we can only pray that his buddy in crime, Castro, will have the same fate soon.
- Another "Good News Moment" Former dictator of Liberia, Charles Taylor, was sentenced yesterday to 50 years for supporting murderous rebels in Sierra Leone in return for "blood diamonds." He was guilty of war crimes that included rape, torture and use of child soldiers. He was fond of chopping off the limbs of people who did not support him.
- "Recession is Over News": The economy slowed to a 1.9% growth rate---meaning it sucks. And first time unemployment claims ROSE for the 4th straight week (by the way, the revisions that follow the first report each week have been revised UP for 50 out of the last 60 weeks. But the knee-pad media does not report that number). Now you know why the Obama campaign loves diversions and distractions.
- "Job Recovery Is Scant For Americans In Prime Working Years." That's from the Washington Post yesterday. In short, those 25-54, when most people should be in the prime of their careers, are still finding it hard to find meaningful employment. For women, it has not been this bad for over two decades.
- The Left keeps telling us that Obama's "leading from behind" is good leadership. Tell that to the good people of Syria who are being slaughtered daily.
- While there is a lot of junk on TV, "The Hatfield's and McCoys" on the History Channel this week showed Hollywood can put out a good product. In my opinion, an outstanding piece of television.
- You may have followed the news about Mass. democrat senate candidate Elizabeth Warren. She got herself in a bit of trouble claiming she's part Cherokee ostensibly to get affirmative action relief. Well, now even the Cherokee Nation has come out against her. A group of Cherokee's are now demanding she show proof she's Cherokee. She claimed to be a Cherokee because she was told she had high cheek bones like one of her ancestors. You can't make this stuff up folks. Daily Caller
Please visit this week's Dedicated to Heroes at http://dedicatedtoheroes.blogspot.com/