"Obama is the first president to create more excuses than jobs." Tim Pawlenty, Gov. of Minnesota
- "College grads should not have to live out their '20's in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters." Paul Ryan last night. The feds are reporting this week that student-loan debt rose to $914 billion last quarter---double 2006 levels.
- I'm going to leave most of the post-convention speech critiques to the pundits, but I know what I came away with last night. I watched a young Republican Conservative star---Paul Ryan---demonstrate and exhibit optimism, confidence, energy, strength and clarity. And all of this was displayed in one quote: "So here is our pledge...We will not duck the tough issues--we will lead. We will not spend four years blaming others---we will take responsibility." He said later, "We are too smart to know there aren't any easy answers. But we're not dumb enough to accept that there aren't better answers."
- While many are wondering if Romney will hit a home run tonight, he already did in choosing Paul Ryan.
- Yesterday, after Ryan's speech, I Tweeted that Slo Joe Biden had to change his adult diapers after listening to the man he will be debating in the fall.
- Then there was Condolezza Rice. Condi displayed both grace and guts (as do all conservative women). She reminded the audience, as a child growing up in segregated Alabama and living under Jim Crow laws, her parents instilled in her that, " even though she can't have a hamburger at the Woolworth's lunch counter, she can be president of the United States and she becomes the secretary of state."
- Well, hell has frozen over. There is an organization in the knee-pad media that actually has some integrity. Yesterday, Yahoo News canned David Chalian, its bureau chief for saying on an open mic: "They're happy to have a party with black people drowning." He referred, of course, to the RNC and hurricane Isaac. Once again, the presstitutes overt racism and hate was on display with that inane comment. For one, there are thousands of white people facing Isaac's wrath as well as blacks, Latinos and many others. And two, the Left always sees the world in black and white.
- As we watch adults proclaiming America's exceptionalism, we have misfits, felons, cowards and dummies in Occupy Wall Street who are planning to celebrate the first anniversary of their sick movement in NY City today. Yawn!!!
- Did you know Obama's half-brother, George, lives on $5 whole bucks a month. He receives not a dime from his famous and rich brother. Yet, it's Pres. Obama who says, "We are our brother's keeper." Obama also never visited his dying mother. 2016
- Friends, let's keep our brothers and sisters in our prayers who are now dealing with Isaac's deluge.