Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Why Akin Must Step Down Today; With Romney, It Was All About Timing; Obama Passed on Whacking Osama 3 Times; Two Up-Coming Events I'd Pay To Watch

President Obama said he's sticking with Joe Biden. Which means one of two things.---either he thinks Biden is doing a good job or Hillary Clinton said no...Leno




  • Anyone who is a regular reader of my blog knows I hammer Democrats regularly. I believe they deserve it. I'll also criticize Republicans and conservatives when I believe they deserve a whack from my hammer. That brings me to Republican Representative Todd Akin.
  • As many know by now, he made some stupid and offensive remarks referring to rape victims as victims of "legitimate rape." Initially, my first reaction was to have him continue in his race, but allow the voters of Missouri decide his political fate. But after sitting back yesterday, stroking my chin like a Harvard professor, I've changed my opinion. I've written several pieces on  distractions that have been used by Democrats to divert voters attention away from the pathetic job Obama and the Democrats have been doing for the last four years. If he were to continue in his race, he would continue to be a distraction. He's already caused some damage. The faster he withdraws, the less damage he can do. Right now, he needs to think about the Republican party and the country. He has to go today.


  • Yet, having said that, don't you find it amazing that obscene and vile statements that have come out of the mouths of many Democrats and their surrogates like Slo Joe Biden, Sen. Harry Reid, Bill Maher and so many others get a pass most of the time?
  • I also have to apologize to Romney and his campaign. For almost a year, I took Romney and his campaign to task for not growing a set. That changed dramatically after he chose Ryan as his running mate. What I didn't understand and I should have---many times it's all about timing in politics.


  • As Gallup reported this week, most voters say they are not better off than they were four years ago. Fifty-six percent said they are not while 40% say they are. Yet, a question continues to haunt me as well as many other observers: why is the race still so close? In fact, in the same poll of swing state voters, 33% blame Obama now while only 13% blame Bush. Only 14% of those same voters said the economy is good. I believe the voters have to ask themselves what will the future hold if I vote for Obama or if I vote for Romney. And past behavior is a good predictor of future behavior. With that in mind, I find the question easy to answer. It's Romney hands-down.
  • To give you some idea how miserable Obama and his campaign are with managing budgets, all you need to read is this headline from USA TODAY: "Obama Spending Outpaces Fundraising."
  • Pres. Obama had a "surprise" news conference yesterday. It was his first since June 19th. When he ran in 2008, he said he would hold news conferences at least once a month. I guess his golfing and fundraising get in the way.


  • A new book, "Leading From Behind: The Reluctant President and the Advisors Who Decide for Him"by Rich Miniter reports that Pres. Obama passed three times on taking Osama out. Who convinced him? According to the author, it was Hillary Clinton.
  • Two events I can't wait for. Chris Christie's keynote speech at the RNC convention and the debate between Biden and Ryan.