White House Thrilled With The Number Of People Who Thought They Signed Up For Healthcare...The Onion
- It's certainly more clear now---with massive reams of evidence---that the Obama administration and it's enablers in the political class lied repeatedly to the American people in the last five years. I'm not naive. Most politicians lie. Most presidents lie ("I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Monica Lewinski," Clinton and "Read my lips: No new taxes," Bush 41). But this administration appears to be unable to ever tell the truth on anything.
- In the very beginning of the administration, the promise of the stimulus was to light a fire under the economy including creating jobs. After billions of dollars spent, unemployment and underemployment remain at disturbingly high rates. Also, as reported last week, now 90M people are no longer in the workforce. That's a bump of 10M people in just five years.
- Other promises made included, but were certainly not limited to, closing Gitmo, cutting the deficit in half, denying he set a red line for Syria, denying American exceptionalism, promising the Russians he would have more flexibility after he's re-elected, excluding lobbyists from policymaking, and reducing earmarks.
- But perhaps no where is this more evident than in the healthcare law (Obamacare) and the attack on our consulate in Benghazi.
- Regarding Obamacare, the administration---largely Obama himself and occasionally his surrogates like Pelosi, Reid, Wasserman and others---promised Obamacare will pay for itself, promised you can keep you current health care plan as well as your current physician (in just the last several weeks, millions have lost both) and promised premiums would not rise. These were fundamental promises to the American people. These promises were repeated over and over again in the last three years. And they continue to be repeated. In fact, their lying is so pathological, they've even lied about the Obamacare computer rollout which everyone now realizes is one major cluster f**k. In fact, it's been my contention that Obamacare has actually opened the eyes of many Americans to the deceit and dishonesty of this administration.
- The Benghazi scandal has accomplished the same thing. We know---from countless reports and testimony (most recently on 60 Minutes last night)---the American people were lied to from the very beginning.
- So what's the conclusion? I firmly believe the behavior of this administration ---as depicted by Benghazi, Obamacare, the IRS, NSA, the Shutdown, and more---is a conspicuous betrayal of the American people. And if you don't agree with that conclusion, this fact is undeniable: the administration's policies betrayed---at a minimum---their supporters and the people who voted for them. Unfortunately, those people forgot one important lesson: they believed progressives actually care for them.
Since this was posted, the VA scandal emerged and more IRS corruption was revealed. In addition, the Obama administration released 5 Taliban murderous thugs.