A 25-year old man in NY was arrested for trying to join al-Qaeda. Here's the amazing part. He said it was easier to join al-Qaeda using their website than it was to sign up for Obamacare...Leno
- "We've been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It's disgusting." That was said by a Park Ranger to the media during the shutdown.
- That one statement makes it very clear the Obama administration and our own government wants to spread as much misery and pain on the American people as they think they can get away with. As Michael Goodwin of the NY Post wrote recently, "I've been saying for a while that there is no bottom to Obama. He's not just ruthless. He's without scruples and honor." The statement by the Park Ranger appears to reinforce that observation.
- Perhaps no where was this more apparent than with the most recent government shutdown and the demonizing of the administration's political adversaries. It took a foreign publication, the UK Telegraph, to put the entire episode in perspective: "This was a childish, as well as unpleasant, display of petulance by Mr. Obama, who treats elected officials as though they were puppets who should dance to his tune..." Allow me to add. He treats most Americans in this manner.
- As we all recall, this ruthlessness was also apparent with this administration's treatment of its veterans and military personnel. We've witnessed it with the treatment of our WWII and Vietnam Vets during the shutdown. We've also seen it with cutbacks in our military hospitals and the unacceptable backlogs in disability claims at the VA---in the hundreds of thousands. And just today, it was announced that the Obama administration wants to replace the iconic Marine cover (cap) with something that resembles what train conductors wear. Quite frankly, it's an insult to the gloried Marine tradition.
- As distressing, most Americans have been unable to dodge the pain and misery imposed by this administration. We all know the emotional distress millions of Americans have been subjected to in the last five years because of the wretched state of the economy (90M have already dropped out of the workforce. Folks, the current population of the U.S. is about 316M people. Do the math but subtract children, retirees, those disabled, etc., and you can clearly see that 90M number is exceedingly disturbing).
- The other horror imposed on the American people is The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). We've been privy to watching government dysfunction playing itself out in just the last two weeks with the problems associated with the exchange roll outs, the very gateway into the system. We can only imagine what's waiting for us behind door #1.
- And as I wrote several days ago, we've not seen anyone from this administration and government held accountable for the Fast and Furious, Benghazi, IRS and other scandals pervasive in this administration.
- So I'm left with asking this question: How much more pain, misery and dysfunction will Americans tolerate from this government?
- But I've also been preoccupied with asking myself this question: Has all of this been done on purpose? Why? Because, quite frankly, so many people in government just can't be that stupid. Or can they?
Since this was posted, Obama's foreign policy continues to tank as he continues golfing and attending fundraisers. In addition, ISIS is now on the scene continuing the barbarism only the Nazis could envision.