In Nevada, where prostitution is legal---true story---prostitutes are signing up for Obamacare. Which explains why the most popular pick-up line in Nevada is: "Let me help you with your co-pay."...Conan
- Is President Obama (including many in the political class and enablers in the media) a pathological liar? I ask that question in all sincerity. Most politicians lie. It's part of their DNA. But there is something else going on with this man. He reminds me of that great Seinfeld episode when George Costanza said, "It's not a lie if you believe it." Obama's narcissism, like that of Costanza's, emerges when the president appears trapped by his own deceptions.
- In the last three years, we've already seen and heard the many claims the administration and most Democrats made about Obamacare that turned out to be stone cold lies. If you find the truth and straightforward language a tad offensive, at a minimum, most of their claims were blatantly deceptive. That's undeniable now. The evidence is overwhelming. In many cases, the president repeated those same lies and deceptions over and over again during his entire tenure in office.
- Unfortunately, the lies and deceptions have not been specific to Obamacare. We've actually heard Pres. Obama make claims such as saying he didn't set a red line on Syria (he did). He (and members of his administration) continued to blame the video for the attack on Benghazi when we now know they knew otherwise. Not too long ago, he declared the border fence with Mexico is "basically complete" when---at the time---it was 5% complete. And just last week, he actually said, "I'm not a particularly ideological person."
- This president has lied so often it's difficult to catalogue each and every one (although there are some reputable web sites that have managed to list most of them). But the lies and deceptions surrounding Obamacare are actually unique. With Obamacare, Pres. Obama has been able to literally interweave one lie or deception after another. It's this blatant and deliberate lying that led me to first ask the question: Is Pres. Obama a pathological liar? I don't know for sure. I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist by training. But I do know this. Lies are told to deceive others. And he's done a pretty good job of doing that in the last five years.
- Perhaps the better question to be ask is: Does Pres. Obama know the difference between ideology and reality?