Obama has now met Raul Castro in person than he has Sebelius...Tweet by David Burge
- As I watch some of the media's coverage of the Nelson Mandela memorial service, it's clear the progressives and the presstitutes in the media are trying to pass the baton from Mandela to Obama. In terms of the reporting by our press, they've paid more attention to Pres. Obama than to the memorial service. For example, our press is making a big deal of Obama shaking Raul Castro's hand. In other words, it's all about Obama. Obama knows it---he thrives on it. The "selfie" above taken by Obama, British PM Cameron and Denmark's PM Schmidt at the Mandela memorial service appears to reinforce that claim.
- Quite frankly, Mandela's passing could not have come at a better time for this administration. Albeit unfortunately, it's a timely diversion (That's right. I wrote it. And don't believe for a moment the Obama supporters are not thinking the same thing. I know; the truth can often make them feel miserable). His administration has been taking a lot of heat for the shoddy rollout of the Obamacare website by both the Left and the Right. In addition to that, his falling approval ratings show the damage now being caused by the convergence of the administration's incompetence in both domestic and foreign policy. In fact, even the White House now recognizes the ship is sinking fast. It was announced today the White House is bringing in former Clinton White House Chief of Staff, John Podesta, to right the ship. The New York Times is reporting Podesta's mission will be related to matters of the health care law, administration organization and executive actions. In other words, the White House knows its screwed things up really bad.
- How bad?---Even the president's support among Hispanics has tanked from 75% support in December of 2012 to 52% in November of this year. The Real Clear Politics average of all the top pollsters reported last week that the president's disapproval now stands at 54.2%. CNN's polling actually has Obama's disapproval numbers at 57%.
- All of this and more also illustrates how the American people are becoming increasingly concerned about this administration's bullying in domestic issues and its spineless behavior in foreign policy. And perhaps no other action by this administration convinced Americans more that things are spiraling out of control was the botched Obamacare rollout.
- Perhaps putting this rollout blunder in perspective might even makes sense for the low information voters. It's been widely reported the cost of the website alone will now reach almost $1 billion. To place this in human terms, $1B is the lifetime income of over 2,400 Americans in poverty. It's also the annual income of approximately 26,000 Americans. It's more than the total winnings of every Powerball jackpot in 2007. (Wall Stats).
- I leave you with a joke by Leno I believe sums up the failures of the Obama administration to date: "The winter storm has left thousands without electricity. It's as if Pres. Obama has taken over the power companies." He gets it.