"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." George Orwell, "Animal Farm."
- In the summer of 2012, progressive bigots took the CEO of Chick fil A to task for his support of traditional marriage. At the time, even Pres. Obama was "evolving" regarding gay marriage (he conveniently changed his mind in support of gay marriage when he realized he needed more campaign funds from his gay supporters).
- This past December, Phil Robertson was taken to task for his views on homosexuality. He was subsequently suspended for a shot period of time. A+E realized the revenue that they were losing---hence the reinstatement. Just like revenue, ratings can also prove too be a powerful bullet proof vest. At the time, Andrea Peyser of the NY Post wrote: "The network essentially defended the bruised feelings of the homosexual industrial complex." Even Camille Paglia, one of the nation's leading lesbian feminist, called the suspension as "utterly fascists and utterly Stalinist."
- History among progressive bigots repeated itself yet again this week. Brendan Eich, now former CEO of Mozilla (the tech company behind Firefox browser), was forced to step down. About 6 years ago, Eich donated $1000.00 in the support of Prop 8, the California proposition that supported traditional marriage between a man and woman (the Prop passed overwhelmingly by the people to only be overturned in court). He was allegedly outed by some of his own employees.
- As I wrote recently about progressives, they create their own reality when it comes to anything having to do with free speech, faith, tolerance (in their case, intolerance) and the Constitution. That claim was supported by the company's own posting regarding Eich's sudden departure: "Mozilla believes both in equality and freedom of speech (as long as you agree with them---me)...Our organizational culture reflects diversity and inclusiveness (as long as you agree with them...me). Say what?
- We will continue to witness bigotry by progressives compounded by their conspicuous intolerance of free speech, people of faith and the Constitution. Just as disturbing, they will also continue to profit from their own intolerance and divisiveness. We see this played out every hour of every day in the media and by Hollywood.