"US Captures First Suspect In Benghazi Attack"---wrong. Their first suspect was a YouTube video guy in Covina."...David Burge Tweet
I recently had a discussion with someone regarding the die-hard supporters of the Obama administration in the face of the plethora of administration domestic and foreign policy disasters. I had to remind him that progressives have had a long history of tolerating defeat, failures, appeasement and even terrorism. It was when I mentioned their tolerating terrorists---his head shot up as if to say, "WTF are you talking about.?" Anticipating his reaction, I began listing examples that are undeniable because---quite frankly---they are factual. My paraphrase to him:
- In 1999, then Pres. Clinton commuted the sentences of 16 of the Marxist-Leninist FALN, a violent Puerto Rican terrorist group that set off over 120 bombs in the United States. Most of these attacks occurred in New York City and Chicago. In one of those bombings in NYC, four people died and over 50 were injured.
- In 2009, members of the Congressional Black Caucus visited Cuba and met with Fidel Castro and company. Rep. Bobby Rush (D-ILL) said of meeting with Castro: "It was almost like listening to an old friend." Several members of the Caucus also praised Castro.
- The current speaker of the NYC Council, Melissa Mark-Viverto a progressive Democrat, once lobbied on behalf of five Cuban intelligence agents convicted of spying against the United States. She also advocated for the release of the leader of the FALN.
- As I wrote some months ago, the current mayor of NYC, Bill de Blasio, honeymooned in Cuba. In the 1980's, he supported the Marxists Sandinistas in Nicaragua. As Michael Goodwin of the NY Post wrote when referring to de Blasio: "He's a member of the 'blame America first' club, the kind that doesn't understand the fuss over Jane Fonda or why it's not okay to sport Che Cuevera T-shirts." By the way, de Blasio was part of a group who honored the blood-thirsty, tyrannical dictator, Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe in 2002. This is a guy who referred to gays as being "worse than dogs and pigs."
- Earlier this year, the Obama administration released People's lawyer Lynne Stewart from prison allegedly for health reasons. In case the name doesn't ring a bell. Stewart was convicted in 2005 for helping terrorist Omar Rahman---known as the "Blind Sheik"---smuggle coded messages of Islamic violence to his followers. Some of those coded messages included urging his followers to shoot down planes and sink ships. Oh, how can I forget? He's the one who inspired the terrorist who attacked the WTC in 1993 and then again on 9/11.
- There's long been a segment of Hollywood that has shown a romantic and conspicuous support for terrorists and scumbags like Che, Castro and Chavez.
- The thug who heads ISIS today was released by the U.S. in 2009.
- And, just three weeks ago, Pres. Obama released the Taliban 5.
There are countless other examples that show progressives, throughout history, have been sympathetic to terrorists and vicious, murderous dictators. It's become increasingly clear that progressives and terrorist are sometimes the opposite sides of the same coin.
- With the good news now breaking that we captured one of the terrorist who was involved in the attack on our consulate in Benghazi, remember this: there's no such thing as coincidences. It's certainly interesting that his capture comes on the heels of the controversy regarding the release of the Taliban 5 terrorists, the VA scandal and the news of the missing IRS emails. Just sayin'.
- Oh, and that video? Forgetaboutit---for now.