Come back King George III, all is forgiven...David Burge Tweet
- Today will probably go down as a day of infamy. It is anticipated Pres. Obama will offer legal status to an estimated five million illegal immigrants. No one really knows the real number. It's more likely higher than being report. Nevertheless, the reason it will go most likely go down as a day of infamy is clear: It now appears Pres. Obama will violate his oath of office and shove the Constitution aside yet again.
- In July of 2013, I posted a piece entitled, "A Legal Immigrants Take On The Immigration Debate." Some of that article was my own family's path to citizenship---the most precious gift a country can confer.
- Also in that piece, I pointed out we already have a pathway to citizenship. It's called legal immigration. I ended that posting by suggesting several important propositions including, but not limited to, the following: Enforce the laws we already have in place as well as securing our borders. I also suggested tightening up our visa system pointing out at least one of the 9/11 hijackers was on a student visa and too many overstay their visas and then get lost in the crowd.
- The irony in all of this is that Pres. Obama himself---on numerous occasions---was on record against what he plans on doing tonight. In fact, in terms of his anticipated action today, he said (more than once): "That's not how our democracy works. That's not how our Constitution is written." Nevertheless, it appears he will assault the Constitution yet again (he's done it with Obamacare on several occasions some of which came into the sunlight with Gruber's own revelations last week).
- The progressive critics like to point out that Reagan and Bush did the same. But they conveniently forget the facts. Instead of outlining those facts, allow me to refer you to a piece in The Federalist by Gabe Malor entitled, "No, Reagan Did Not An Amnesty By Lawless Executive Order" dated Nov. 20, 2014.
- So as many Americans await what Pres. Obama has to say tonight, I'll leave you will a quote by Michelle Malkin today: "Obama's new 'American Dream' is the stuff of hellish nightmares. Reward the law breakers. Punish the law-abiders. And sell out our national identity in pursuit of cheap votes and cheap labor. RIP."
- By the way, Rasmussen reports that 53% of Americans oppose Obama's plan.
- One more question remains: What will the Republicans do now?