Sea World To Discontinue Great White Shark Ride...One of The Onion's top stories for 2013
- I doubt few will argue---low information voters and useful idiots excluded---that 2013 will go down as the Year Of The Big Lies, Ideological Hypocrisy and MSNBC remaining a haven for lunatics.
- The Obama administration and the political class took lying to an art form. Their first impulse this year (as almost every year before this one) was to lie. Whether it was promoting Obamacare, defending their actions in Benghazi or trying desperately to walk back the IRS and NSA scandals---lies were the first words that slipped from their lips.
- But just as egregious, Forbes pointed out correctly that the administration violated the Constitution on several levels. With regard to Obamacare, they made changes to the law that required actual legislation from delaying the employer mandate to the many exemptions (including exempting Congress). With regard to the IRS, they targeted specific political organizations.
- But there was actual good news that emanated from Obamacare. The law was instrumental in exposing the lies, deceit and dishonesty of the Obama administration and the political class. So much so that Politifact rated Pres. Obama's lie: "If you like you health care plan, you can keep it," as their Lie of the Year.
- 2013 was also a big year for conspicuous ideological hypocrisy whether it stemmed from the political class and/or the media. We've read countless reports of how the media was complicit in either enabling the lies of the political class or providing cover for the political class. This was in evidence yet again with the most recent NY Times piece on Benghazi. As the Weekly Standard accurately pointed out, the piece in the NYT ignored the vast amount of evidence of the al-Qaeda link to Benghazi. Even Oliver North weighed in suggesting the piece was written to help Hillary Clinton with the Benghazi Fairy Tail (interesting choice of words considering I wrote a piece earlier this year entitled, "The Fairy Tale That Is Hillary Clinton.").
- While I'm on the media, I can't neglect reporting on MSNBC or the network that remains a haven for lunatics. Earlier this month, Martin Bashir finally resigned from MSNBC after suggesting someone defecate in Sarah Palin's mouth. And just this past weekend, MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry ridiculed a photo of the extensive Romney family and it's black-adopted child, Kieran Romney. Harris-Perry apologized if one could call it an apology. She apologized on Twitter with a self-serving hashtag which I won't print here. Keep in mind, this is the network that has Al Sharpton, Chris Mathews and Ed Schultz as hosts. Ed Schultz is the same nitwit who called Laura Ingraham a "right-wing slut." No need to revisit Sharpton's background. Most people know he's a race-baiting thug.
- John Nolte of Breitbart listed his top 10 media hate-crime hoaxes (he admitted he might have missed some). They included the "Racist Red Lobster Receipt Hoax" In this hoax a black waitress said a customer wrote the N word on the receipt instead of a tip. Not true. Another included the "Anti-Lesbian Waitress Tip Hoax." This waitress said she was stiffed of a tip because she's a lesbian. The story went viral. It was later found out she was described by her own co-workers as a compulsive liar. Anyway, you get the picture. The media was complicit in promoting these fairly tales.
- Finally, to put a fitting end to 2013, there was the "Duck Dynasty" controversy largely fueled by the media and the ideological hypocrites. So what better way than wishing all my readers a Happy New Year in "Duck Dynasty" style: Welcome Back Phil!